Sunday 3 June 2007

Shaken

Yesterday I was on the laptop, leaning over to grab a piece of paper, and I kind of felt like I was rocking. I sat back in my chair and wiggled a bit, I was still rocking, then Bek came in and said something. I had the headphones on, but I could guess that we must have had our first Japanese earthquake.

It was very subtle, and short, in fact it didn't really register to us until after it was over exactly what was happening. It probably helped that we were on the eighth floor. Noone else we talked to seemed to have felt it. Maybe it was too mild for them to get excited about. Perhaps they don't remember the little ones. It must happen a lot.

'Press all the buttons and get off at the next floor.' In the lift everyday I read the instructions on what to do in an earthquake, but today I'm going to commit them to memory.

No comments: