Tuesday 29 May 2007

New apartment, new country

We've been in Tokyo now for a week, and have just moved into our apartment from the hotel. The three of us are still living around Roppongi, which seems to have a lot of foreigners. I think most people in our apatment block aren't Japanese, though I haven't met many of them. This type of accommodation is booked monthly, so it's only really for business people and the freeloaders who follow them around.



The apartment is extra nice, but I'm still going to bitch about and make fun of it. Actually the best thing by far is that I don't have to clean it, freeing up about an hour a week of my time compared to my life in Sydney. It has a balcony as large as the entire apartment, due to the square, box-like nature of the design, the only choices for house footprint they have are one or two blocks.


Here's the complex: http://www.asahihomes.co.jp/e/hotels/car/index.html

And here's the apartment itself, note the internet outlet: http://www.asahihomes.co.jp/zumen/ca806/806_e.html

So far my only feats have been walking to various places and eating various things. While I remember most of the wheres and whats, I don't think trying to recreate those things retrospectively is appropriate. They're gone and are never coming back. So you'll only get to hear the new and improved adventures.

Sorry.

No comments: