Wednesday 26 November 2008

Winding Down

Well, unless you haven't noticed I haven't really written anything here in a long time. Japan is kind of normal now, for me. In fact I've lived longer in this apartment than in my house in Botany. I've kind of forgotten anything but my daily Japanese routine. All my neighbour hood knowledge is about where to get cheap apples, which are the closest supermarkets, and the things I need to buy from the three of them because I can't find everything in one store. Indeed they are not very super.

We're heading back on December the 13th. The tickets are booked but it's getting iffy with the company, pay-wise and expense-wise, lately. They haven't managed to pay for our apartment for this month, for example. Luckily we won't be kicked out on the street because we have a cute, helpless daughter.

This blog was for any interested parties to peruse, but mainly so I can remember my trip in the future. I'll probably only post Japanese videos from now on, or a few pics here and there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I had to jump out of the window of that last bar and rush back to the train station, I didn't get a chance to say good-bye, so I thought I'd just do it here. It was nice to see you again and hang out in Golden-Gai, it is quite a unique place. Hope all goes well with the move back to AU!

phauna said...

Thanks Bryan. All bars should have an escape hatch, I think. Nice to see you again too. Don't be shy if you ever make it over to Australia.